View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #248
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

I had a Traqmate TraqDash HD with two Mobius HD cameras installed this weekend by Brad Roberts and his crew. This is quite an upgrade from my existing AIM Solo lap timer and a single GoPro Hero 1!

All data systems seem to have some tradeoff's in terms of data, video, syncing, editing, or price, but this one seems to tick most of the boxes at a reasonable cost.

Initially the display is mounted with velco on the dash center panel but I plan to move it to the left windshield area next to the instrument cluster where it will be much easier to see without having to move my eyes too far off of the action ahead.

One camera will be pointed out the front and the other will be looking rearward. I may still mount an additional GoPro in the car pointed at me and then use Pinnacle video editing software to superimpose the interior GoPro camera onto the external Traqmate video.

The data system and cameras are all car powered so I don't have to mess around with charging batteries anymore! The data system is tied to key power so it turns on and off automatically. I can't tell you how many times I have been too lazy to turn on the cameras or forgotten so this will be a very nice automation upgrade.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote