Thread: 2002 questions
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
EPIQTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballs02
Just purchased a 2002 boxster. I love the car, however it has 50k miles on it and I am concerned with maintenance issues. I purchased an extendend warrenty but wondered if there was anything immediate I should look at to make sure the proper care has been taken with this vehicle? I had a car fax done for this vehicle and looked great...so basically looking for wear issues to watch out for on this particular year?

thanks in advance!

Jerry
Wow, I was afraid to read this because I thought you had 2,002 questions about the Boxster. Out of morbid curiosity, I looked anyway.

RMS leaks are the biggest and most expensive problem that is common on Boxsters, although they happened less on 2002's than previous models. Don't worry about maintenance issues - its the most bulletproof car I've owned (my 986S was, 987S is too new to tell yet) and I didn't exactly baby it (track time...). Check the underside paneling for signs of current or previous leaking, as the plastic cowling that covers the bottom of the car usually shows it pretty clearly. Check the brake pads, see if you will need to replace those soon. Look for wear inside the car - seat leather and bolster padding. Check the clutch (if it is manual) and be sure it feels secure and each gear feels like it is clean, as a clutch replacement is right in that range typically, if not earlier.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote