View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #35
KevinH1990

As I mentioned earlier, I found the control module on Ebay. I ordered the wiring harness today from ECS Tuning. Although this won't provide the auto-leveling function, it will provide the high-beam rotation.

I found someone selling the parts for the OEM system, but I cannot find instructions for the installation. In addition, he is selling the headlights, washers, sensors and wiring in a package and he indicates that he doesn't want to separate them. Unless I can sell what I have, that is a show stopper.

Maybe someday I'll find a part-out in my area with the factory set up and take the parts off so that I can figure out how to put them back on. For now, I'll have to settle for the more limited function.

Overall, I'm happy with what I have. Since I managed to sell my halogen headlights,my net cost is reasonable.

I probably won't receive my wiring kit and control module in time to install them during the holidays. I'll be tied up with work beginning Monday, so it may be late January or February before I can install them. Fortunately, I've found several write ups including the Porsche TSB, so I should have plenty of information to complete the project.

Since I purchased my headlights from damaged cars, I guess there is a chance that the motors could be damaged. However, I have a third motor in case I need it. That is one of the risks you take when you try to do this type of project on a budget.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote