View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #23
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate1 View Post
I would call Pedro and ask him that question about Bi-xenon. The way i see it a couple hundred bucks does pretty much the same as the more expensive litronics.
I posted the question on his board - he recommends against a two Xenon bulb set up for the same reasons expressed on this board: The problem with that setup ...

I already have my litronics (which were a bit of a refurb/repair project and much less expensive than buying a new set) so right now I'm not seriously considering an aftermarket solution. I'm pretty happy with how my project turned out, from an appearance standpoint, but I would like to improve the function:

Thanks to Markus for posting the video on the litronic operation. Considering that (according to my Bentley manual) litronics were an option starting in 1999, it seems possible that a more modern set of controls would be available.

By the way, here are some shots of the internals of my defective ballast:

Does that look like a lot of components for what it does?
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote