View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
ralegen

I just opened my door panel today. I should have taken pictures, but time didn't permit me. I found what was wrong, as I too have the same problem as you. The motor itself looks fine. It's the I guess "regulator" that is messed up. I still need confirmation or need more research done to confirm if it is the "regulator" I'm talking about.

Anyways', it's the piece that attaches directly to the motor complex. It is where the wire from the tracts wind up/coil and uncoil when the window goes up and down. I had the same problem with an old altima once, and I replaced the entire thing. Well, moving forward, I found that the wire coiled up was frayed (as expected) and tangled inside this spindle.

My question is then.. can we buy this piece alone? or do I have to buy the motor all together? I'll post back because I'm determined to fix this. I haven't been able to open my window for weeks!

That's grinding noise by the way, is from the cables rubbing on each other. I noticed this noise, and the auto window "roll down". It was only a matter of time when the window woulnd't roll down anymore.
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote