View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #171
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
Is there any way to have a half red, half other color strip to support the break light idea I had? It should be easy..ish. I assume your setup is one or 2 wires coming out. My thinking is that you'd need to add one more wire to support the red LEDs. I'm still trying to get you to support that idea.

Tony
lol fair enough Tony. I'll see what I can do but really I wanted to get the kit out in a "as-simple-as-possible" format (12V +/- terminals, brightness feature, that's it!). At that point whatever you guys want to DIY with it is entirely up to you (fun weekend projects for some).

Dual-color = no, but dual intensity LED connected onto your brake light circuit is fine and really not complicated at all. One resistor + one diode and off you go ($1). You could tap into the brake light's 12v from the clam's brake light to enable your dual intensity. Vid below is how its done including hardware involved (bikes, cars, boat whatever runs 12DCV is all the same concept mate)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 12-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote