View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #31
Muzzle of Bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
I know nothing about the history of my 99 boxst (I bought it from a guy who bought it from auction and flipped it), except that the PPO(not the guy who bought it to flip it) got an oil change from the #1 bay area porsche shop (one sales receipt in the registration booklet), he was in PCA (sticker in windshield) and that he also had a magnetic oil drain plug put in.

I DO however have his old registration (??) with his phone number and address etc.

So, do I call him and ask if he wants to share some information, or will he hangup and call the police on me for having his phone number and address??

I tried facebook etc but there are too many people with his name in my area.

What would you do?
I would call. As the previous owner I would have no issues with providing whatever I could to help the new owner. That is like gold in my mind.
I purchased a Volvo years ago and shortly after that a humming sound started from the rear end. I found the previous owners information in the car, used that information to call a dealership in that city and asked some questions about the car before I took it back to the dealership I purchased it from. It came in handy. This was before the Inter web made privacy big.