View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
yea, but how many minivans, Kias, Accords, Mazdas, and Jeeps get run over by a red pickup?
you are one lucky mofo BigJake. My kids would give their eye teeth to have a Porsche in High School

Very lucky I am, but you have to remember a lot of the kias, accords, and jeeps of this world cost no less than some of the 2.5s out there with side airbags and full crumple zones in the back and rear, featuring rollbars, thick doors, and a very strong windsheild, they do cost a fair amount to maintain but the sum of the parts alone cost nearly the same as several 2.5s, I would hate to think of these cars as expendable, but roller values are fairly close to what a decent 2.5 can be had for.

I am very glad that I had a 2.5 and an auto first though, I have matured and gained experience since I first started driving, still with a long way to go too.

Regardless though, the point holds that a mundane car will in no way stop a kid from speeding. A slightly more visceral car (particularly manual) will prevent texting and distracted driving as well.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote