View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 03:46 AM   #51
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

As a self-employed person, I let accounts go before I get into this type of pissing match. I do defend my name and reputation, but I don't attack the other guy. I just point out flaws as I see them. I don't compete with a shop in a state here and there, I compete with dozens and dozens of HVACR companies in every city. Must be over a hundred times more competition.

To OP, isn't your screen name here still using the word Porsche? Seems last page you said they ordered you to stop using their name? Just curious.

To say 'bottom feeders' seems low, but to a company like me, I see them all the time and understand the comment. Some people just want to be back on the road tomorrow or get heat on and hope it stays on and not examine anything else. That's great, and there are many techs who will oblige them in both scenarios. Some want the best possible repair and want to check or improve what can be made better to have the whole package and pice of mind. I, like Mr. Raby, take pride in being the more thorough and 'package' choice. If you just want your igniter (or valve spring) swapped and not your combustion (or oil) checked, call someone else. There are many making a great living doing the bare minimum, and the public should weigh the two options and make an educated choice.