View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
sickbananas

Water Pump replacement

Hi All,

I suspect my water pump is making a noise, I am going to replace it regardless of the condition as I assume it is the original pump (2000 S with 59 000 miles). From what I have read on this topic the OEM pump is the way to go. I have ordered one as well as a gasket and it should arrive tomorrow.

Next question is, should I use OEM coolant or is any anti freeze okay? And while we are on coolant, the system is about 10 litres right, so the antifreeze to water ratio is 50/50?? I assume distilled water is the best?

sorry for all the questions, I just want to be really well prepared. I also bought a 160 degree thermostat from L&N a while back with a removal tool. Is there anything else I should have beside the pump, gasket, thermostat and its tool?

And lastly any special tools I should have besides basic sockets, wrenches etc?

thanks in advance!
de-snorkeled, clear lights, sports exhaust, zeintec hard top, zein wing, B&M short shifter, DesignTek lowering springs, DesignTek carbon fibre strut brace front and rear, 18'' carerra 5 spokes, semi slick tyres, entire soft top delete, engine cover delete,red console,L&N deep sump, volo performance chip, raptor shift light, de-cat'ed, OEM GT3 bucket seats.
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote