View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #156
batshapedheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Cool idea Bran! Adding or modifying the car's interior lighting is not the easiest task :/ Trying to keep a factory look to the car is by all means the most challenging part

While in the context of interior lighting... here goes some other glow-in-the-dark Top Secret project I've been working on. Simply meant to modernize the look & feel of the Porsche gauges... which in my opinion are a tad boring in their stock format. Design is simple, it's a copy of the common AL gauge bezels concept you find everywhere but custom made to accommodate micro LEDs. Also requires a custom made PCB that sit behind a diffuser made out of PC (frosty finish). All of that hardware squeeze inside the bezel, and sits on top of the gauge's face. All it does is glow on the face of the gauges.

I've put up the idea with the local Pcar community here and got pretty good feedback. Some also recommended adding Sequencial Shift Lights (SSLs) around the tach's bezel (top). Concept: microcomputer taps onto the RPM pins from the OBD harness, interpret that signal, lights up LEDs according to the rpm range!

Perfect useless gadget for the little Ricer in us However I must say the gauge glow thing is phenomenally beautiful... having seen a prototype working already (in red, of course).

Perhaps in 2015 I'll get back to this work - we'll see. I want my WIND DEFLECTOR before
I would love a Boxster "logo" (like the one pictured) in my dashboard that would turn red when redlining it.