View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
ryanneeley

HELP! Possessed '06 Boxster S

Hello all!

I need some advice / guidance ... I started up my '06 Boxster S this morning like any other morning. I got about a mile from my home, and the car stated going crazy... The car alarm went off, the spoiler came up, the convertible top hatch opened all the way, windows opened, and I got two errors on the dash info center. The errors were "System Fault" and "PSM Failure".

I pulled over, turned off the car, (the alarm kept going), waited about 2 minutes and restarted (I'm a computer tech....). That did not help. I drove the car home, and contacted my mechanic. He found it all very odd, and he has always taken great care of my baby.

I had it towed to his shop, and he diagnosed it as an alternator ($1350 installed). I got a call about an hour later saying he could not get the convertible top to respond or get the hatch to open again, thus preventing him from getting to the top of the engine compartment. He tried for about an hour before he closed up shop, and was unable to get it to move.

He is of course closed for Thanksgiving, so I won't hear back from him until Friday, and the alternator won't be in until Tuesday.

While I trust my mechanic, and he has been working on Porsches for 20+ years, I'm worried that something more then the alternator is going on. It was pouring rain when I drove home last night, so I am wondering if this is related. I've driven in the rain before of course...

Does anyone have any idea on what else I could be looking at ? I've read some other posts, and nothing seems to match up 100%.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm sitting on pins and needles wondering what else is going on with my baby.
ryanneeley is offline   Reply With Quote