View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
MNBoxster

Spring Has Arrived!!!

Hi,

Well, yesterday and today, the Twin Cities reached Temps of 50°, Clear Sunny Skies, and I brought my Boxster out of it's long Winter Sleep.

Pulling the Battery off it's Maintainer and re-installing it into the Car, adjusting the Tire Pressures, checking all Fluids, replacing the Spark Plugs and Flushing the Brake System, and doing a general underbody check, I switched on the Starter and the Car instantly came to Life. No Cloud of Smoke, no CELs - Good Things.

I reset the Radio Code (to my surprise, all the Radio Station Pre-Sets had been retained over the Winter w/ no battery in the Car - a surprise), checked all Lights, Standardized the Windows, and allowed the Car to fully Warm at idle, which was smooth and strong. I turned the Heater on Full, rolled up the Windows, closed the Doors, and allowed the Interior and the Rear Window to fully warm while I folded and put away the Car Cover. Once the Rear Window was Warm to the Touch, I lowered the Top and it folded smoothly, with no horrific Cracking Sound - more Good Things.

I pulled out of the Garage and decided to run the circuit around Mpls's 5 main Lakes. The Car ran wonderfully, the feel, the sound, and Sun bringing back memories of many great Drives of last Season. I got a bunch of waves and Thumbs-Up from Joggers and Bladers on the Lakes Paths and several other Drivers.

The Car is amazing and it feels good to once again be in the Drivers Seat. I'm looking forward to a Fun, Safe Driving Season for the next 5-6 months...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 04-09-2006 at 09:01 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote