View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #114
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
Just thought I'd check on the progress, Nine8six. Okay actually I didn't want this thread to get bumped from the main page.

Good luck
You rushin' ?!

Nx time you do this I book you on a flight from CA to SH so you can come over to give me a hand for a full week. Rice, or noodles on me

Update is: this week's parts (projectors, etc) are anodizing today so in between ano runs I've turned on the laser and.... ruined a nice plate of pmma lol

Seriously, I had no choice. And why a HUD? Well that is one of the nastiest visual the laser will see here so that will help to gauge the intensity required for all sort of patterns/lines/thickness/width etc. You got it all in this HUD. We are getting as narrow as 0.2mm precision when 'burning' pmma with a laser.... it's pretty damn impressive in fact. Got 3 other panels to scrap over the weekend for trials, I'll post them up

^That's subtle, no?! LOL

Next: Got a few of those LED modules anodizing as well as other parts atm so I'll have a fully functional (look & feel) prototype during the coming weekend. Well, aiming for that anyway.

Last edited by Nine8Six; 11-19-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote