View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #28
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonomics View Post
Our Boxsters have spoilers? I've never seen mine in person...

Seriously, I assumed they designed it with the same idea as the 964 spoiler: keep the clean lines of the car until you absolutely need to change the aerodynamics. I personally like the rear of the 986 sans spoiler, even if it looks less-than-ideal once the 'wing' is deployed at speed. Like I said, I never see it.

The redesigned rear of the 987 flows much better with an exposed spoiler IMO, as evidenced by the Boxster Spyder.

-T
I also like the rear of the 987 the best of the three Boxster designs. But I like LeMans GT1 headlights on the 986 the best of all. It really just absolutely needs the GT3 bumper to shine. Which then means you have to add skirting to even out the overhang and that unfortunately means you need to upgrade to 18" wheels to fill in the now larger wheel well shape. I wish they would have continued evolving the fried eggs into something uniquely Porsche instead of just lifting the Ferrari headlights for the 981.
I also like the sides of the 986 better than the funny looking air intake on the 987 and I'm not a fan of the CGT'esque intake on the 981 which seems too obvious to me, reminds me of those CGT Boxster conversion kits. I would have liked something completely new and not a rehash of an old design.

This spoiler is nice. Gives it a little bit of the duck bill thing. If you're going to own a car for this long why not spice it up a bit. But those gaps really make it a dark car thing only.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-17-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote