View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #17
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Ummm, no dealer can force anyone to sign anything. They can extend an agreement or verbal acceptance on a price or deal, but it's always up to the buyer to show up with cash. They have the pen and paper there when the buyer is done tire kicking, I can assure you. No dealer wants a car sitting on their lot 5 minutes longer than it needs to. Why would anyone assume different?

And OF COURSE the dealer will continue to drop the price until it sells. The fact they said they had no room to negotiate was likely week 1-3 or some guideline they have. Or, they lie. So what. You know they will make their money. If they have the car you have been wanting, why lose it over a grand or worse $500??
Timco, unless I read his post wrong, they agreed to a price and he offered to put down a deposit but they said dont worry about it and are being elusive about officially closing the deal. OP has tried calling to put down the deposit and they tell him it's ok, yet they still have his car listed. My comment was that they agreed on a price and paperwork and deposit should've been done. The fact the dealer didn't says to me they are trying to work this like an auction.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote