View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraupp View Post
Right, and if the dealer was serious about business they'd have required a deposit and paperwork would've drawn up. Not a place that I would give my business to. I'd be looking into what auction its going to and be prepared to really make them pay for their mistake.
Ummm, no dealer can force anyone to sign anything. They can extend an agreement or verbal acceptance on a price or deal, but it's always up to the buyer to show up with cash. They have the pen and paper there when the buyer is done tire kicking, I can assure you. No dealer wants a car sitting on their lot 5 minutes longer than it needs to. Why would anyone assume different?

And OF COURSE the dealer will continue to drop the price until it sells. The fact they said they had no room to negotiate was likely week 1-3 or some guideline they have. Or, they lie. So what. You know they will make their money. If they have the car you have been wanting, why lose it over a grand or worse $500??
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote