View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
SeaNile31

What the dealer has been up to since my accepted offer

No wonder dealers are not well liked and people do not trust them. So I have been eyeing this 02 Boxster for 2-3 weeks now, it's been on the lot since Oct 23rd and cars have 30 days to sell then they head to auction. Go back 2 weeks ago and the car was $16,995 and "we have no room on this car at all." I go and look at it, love the color combo, options and miles but it's no garage queen. Needs a little TLC and bodywork (minimal) by rear tire. Offer 13K and obviously they decline. So a week later I take a better look at the car and figure between the work needed and the rear plastic needing replacing in a few months 14K is realistic not knowing they just lowered the price to 15995. They counter at 14850 and I accept. A day goes by and they call strongly suggest as deposit as they have several interested parties. Ironically even with all the communication with dealer they never ask for a deposit, actively have the car listed (don't blame them) and they continue to lower the price, now at 15500.

Bottom line is they are in no rush to take my deposit at 14850 because every 3rd day they lower the price of the car in an effort to get just a few more hundred than my offer. Kind of makes me want to lower my offer. Car goes to auction in a week....

Last edited by SeaNile31; 11-16-2014 at 09:41 AM.
SeaNile31 is offline   Reply With Quote