View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #86
Windrestrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I'll give you the copyrighted images, but how is a light attached to piece of plastic capable of infringing your intellectual property? Wouldn't the Z4 that inspired this idea also be infringing on your intellectual property?

I believe Porsche holds the trademark to the logo featured on the windscreen, and it is likely they have also patented the windscreen that both your and Nine8Six's designs are based upon.

I must say I am very surprised that you have posted such an aggressive message on an enthusiast forum, that consist of what is likely the largest segment of your target market for your own illuminated windscreen product.

I hope that Nin8Six continues development without any further harassment, and I am very much looking forward to seeing his design, which I am sure will be very high quality.
Our brand is monitored constantly we've spent close to 100K protecting it. We are fully informed about trademark rights. Trust me, we did not intend to harass, you will not see that from us. We did not receive any response at all when we attempted to contact Nin8 and now that he's removed our photos we will not bother at all. We've even taken down our post.

Windrestrictor® is the leading wind deflector provider in the world. We're licensed by Ford, General Motors and soon to be BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes and Porsche.

The Z4 photos that "inspired this idea" belong to us. This is what we were so concerned about. A simple google search will produce millions of results and images of our work. We manufacture for over 20 models. We have over 50 authorized distributors world wide and have 6 patents/pending patents.

We have no ill intentions and do not want to start any flame wars so we will respectfully bow out of this conversation.

To all Boxster owners, happy top down driving and modding in the new year!
Windrestrictor is offline   Reply With Quote