View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #17
Perfectlap

this is one of those questions that five years later after many modifications/upgrades and hours of detailing you'll have a good laugh about having asked. "How could I do this to my favorite toy?!"

it's not just a car. It's an expensive car whose costs to maintain do not scale down with the resale price. If this were a Honda Accord, yeah park it outside. No question that a car kept in a garage will require less $$$$ fixing and will look well-maintained. My garage was connected to the house so the temp inside the garage was always 20 degrees warmer during winter. This made running the car year round (a good thing for the engine) easier on the engine than going out in freezing temps to subject the car to cold start ups. And If two cars are up for sale, I'm going to see the garage kept car first.
And really I thought the whole point of a garage is protecting your possessions against the elements in order of value? I have neighbors who park expensive cars outside while their car is full of junk they never use. Huh?
Obviously not car enthusiasts.

Also, in PA I would keep a set of dedicated winter tires and wheels in that garage. The enemy is not snow like most think when considering winter tires, it's in fact ice.
All it takes is one ice patch rounding a corner, losing the car at speed into high curb and you can break the wheels clean off the car which would probably game over.
These cars are reliable but fragile in the wrong conditions. Keep Craftsman floor jack and an electric drill with enough torque for the lug nuts and just switch over to the winter tires come Thanksgiving.
Your summer tires will last many more seasons and winter tires can last a really long time while keeping you safe.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-10-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote