View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #36
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Another suggestion, the wire to power these should be a pigtail with a connector on the end or the frame should have a connector that the power wires plug into. I'm thinking if you have to remove the windscreen for any reason it would be nice to just pull apart a connector and be done. Any ideas where we would tap into for power to light these ? Love what you have designed so far !
Well spotted. You are right and the only way I think it would work is by having a 'flat' style micro connector so it fits under the roll-bar interior trim (what is the name of that trim btw, mine are in leather... snaps onto the roll-bar, do these have a name?)

Something like on the pic below:

RE Tapping (hmmm still debatable). I was thinking getting the 12VDC from the clam shell brake light (nearest, easy to reach/snake too). I can provide a loom of about 2m long with the kit.

Wonder what our good friend Charles (member Particlewave) thinks about this idea. He is an Electrical Engineer by trade, and has a Porsche car just like ours. You think he'd be willing to help us out on this one?!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 11-09-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote