View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #19
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
LOL! That is pretty much what I thought Fred, I am sure what ever you come up with, it will be first class! I like your original rendering, which is more or less what I have now, without the LED's of course. I would love blue or white lighting. Maybe a module that can do multiple colors?
I know what your deflector look like Bruce. In fact I got the idea from one of your pic and laser cut myself some sticker autumn '13 - Very same. Still got them

I know what you mean by using the RGB switching color handheld thingy. Problem being we don't want to have 4x wires coming out of that module. Forgot the name of those interior trims that snaps onto the boxster roll-bar. The module's power cabling will snake under these, exit from behind the headrest and go tap into the clam's brake light 12VDC (or where ever you guys fancy tapping current from... electric seats, rear defrost plug.. if not using the mirror defrost?).

I think those roll-bar trims will do just fine with only 2 small gauge RED+BLK wires without any issues. Add more wires and most likely that snap-on trim will need some glue to hold on instead

Dunno... most likely I'll have to order rolls and rolls of those LED if I want them from Taiwan. What I can do is give spare strips in all colors so you can chg them as you like. Mood lighting lol .....not paying much for LEDs these days I tell you ($2~3 each 200mm long strip? something like that....)