Thread: Variocam?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 05:57 AM   #8
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
Ahh!! Makes sense to me now. Very interesting how Porsche did it. Jim, you really seem to have some indepth knowledge of how the boxster motor works, are you a mechanic or have you hobby rebuild/raced the car or something? Generally that type of knowledge about a specific platform is only known by guys who either build the motors or race the cars.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. Actually, I have been racing for almost 25 tears (SCCA Club, Spec, Formula Ford, currently Formula Vee) and have been an avid enthusiast since I was 18. I also am an avid Auto-Xer.

I never had the Free Cash to afford this, so I was forced to learn to do my own repairs just to participate. Same goes for Racing. A few years ago, just for ********************s & Giggles, I earned several ASE Certifications (6). Despite what I had picked up through the years, I still learned a lot doing this. Finally, I have been fortunate to have had several friends and associates, much smarter than I am, help me flatten my Learning Curve considerably. I've rebuilt numerous Engines in my life from Nissan L-20 Series, Lotus 900 Series, Lotus Twin Cam, Kent, Cosworth, Jag + a number of both Ford and GM SmallBlocks.

You are very knowledgeable as well, I enjoy reading your posts and learning of your own in-depth knowledge. I learn something from nearly every one of your posts.

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote