View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Of course, asking price is just that.... asking.

I suggest to start by being a good buyer. Don't waste the buyers time. Respond quickly. Show up on time. Be pleasant. Don't talk the car down but be honest and realistic.

Then when you're ready to make a deal, show up with cash and make an offer that you are comfortable with and you'll be surprised at how "negotiable" most sellers are. But be fully prepared to walk away if you can't get to a number that you can both live with.

I walked away from four 911SC's before I bought one recently. All were overpriced (IMHO) and we could not get to a number where we'd both be happy. All four are still listed for sale. Some sellers are willing to wait for that one buyer who will pay his premium price. Don't be that buyer (unless you want to). Lots of fish in the sea. Don't be in a hurry. Move on to the next car and eventually you will find a car you love at a price that is amazing.
Excellent advice. Again, Asking price is just that, my seller came down significantly. Patience and willingness to walk away are key. Cast a wide net and be willing to travel to find a good one.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote