View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Hi David, welcome to the forum and the world of Boxstering!

First, your questions have been answered many times on this forum. Please do a search to get all kinds of info.

Having said that, I'd change the oil right away if I had no idea when the last change was done. And change it every 5k miles (one summer driving season for me).

There is debate about using M1 oil. Many, including me, don't think it's the most cost effective oil available. (I use Castrol Syntec/Edge 5/40, only because I can't get 10/40.)

Consider getting the spin on oil filter adaptor, rather than using the stock oil filter setup. This avoids the potential for bypassing oil filtration, which is inherent in the stock filter canister. If you want to stick with the stock filter setup, use Wix/ Napa Gold. Fleetfilter is a good source.

To go the full mile, some are using magnets on their filter canisters as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
Congratulations. As for oil, as was said, everybody here has a preference and an opinion. I've been using Mobil 1 0/40 for six years with great luck. I buy the oil when it's on sale at O'Reily's. As for new ownership, the rule here is if there ain't pictures, it didn't happen.
Lots of opinions on oil, M1 is fine, I used Motul 8100 5W40 on my last change. Every 5,000 miles or at least once per year.

+ 1 on the spin on adapter from LN - Full time oil filtration.

Also get the magnetic drain plug at the same time, easier to check for potential trouble.

Also, rule #1 on this forum, no pictures, it didn't happen

Welcome to the forum
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote