View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 06:42 AM   #10
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
To think a company like Porsche has "strangled" your engine by fitting a drastically inefficient intake and/or exhaust system is patently ridiculous.
I think that is exactly what they did, how else can a:

2.7L 986 have 217 HP, ~80 HP per liter
3.2L 986 have 250 HP, ~78 HP per liter
3.4L 996 have 300 HP, ~88 HP per liter

Looking another way, the additional .5 liters between the base and S Boxster yields only 33 additional HP, but the .2 Liter difference between a 996 with a 3.4 and a 3.2 S is 50HP?

I would like to be getting 88 HP per liter in my 3.2 S, that would be 282 HP I bet I could feel that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post

Cheap fixes would be great, wouldn't they? But reality is it's pay to play.
Agreed, they are not cheap, one example is to get the bigger intake (the piece that bolts onto the top of the engine that says "Porsche") in the Boxster you have to drop the engine down a little to clear the engine cover because it is taller on the 996. That's why a 996 engine transplant has to be mounted a little lower. Somebody on here has a really good thread and has done a lot of these mods but I can't think of their user name right now. If you search for threads on throttle bodies you will find him. Everytime I read his threads I get excited... but realistically I know those type of mods are beyond me...

Last edited by steved0x; 10-28-2014 at 06:46 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote