View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
Perfectlap

I have the OEM from Porsche. If you're a chiseler like me just keep an eye out for one one Ebay.
I picked one up for $220. For a 981 you might have to wait a little.

And a word about car covers on new paint. DO NOT put it on unless you wipe the car down with a waterless wash first. If the inside of the cover gets dirty you'll be swirling up the paint each time it goes on and off. Honestly if the car will only be outside 5% of the time don't cover it. You'll do more damage with the cover. Those should only be used for cars that spend most of their time outside and sit for days. And don't over-wash the paint either. Get a foam canon from Chemical Guys ore similar to use when you do wash, and try and touch the paint as little as possible. If you must, lubricate the paint surface first with a quick detailer (I like Griot's Garage) or if just doing a post wash buffing, use a spray wax with carnauba. And use only long nap towels on the paint (the Griot's Green and Blue). Standard auto store towels are just rebranded janitorial towels used to clean linoleum floors. Way too much bite for new paint which leads to swirling if the towels are not 110% clean.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-27-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote