View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff740
JIm, you have for the most part answered my question. It seems wise to order necessary parts from the dealership when a 2 year warranty seems like a good idea but in the case of the filters is this really necessary?? I actually purchased an oil filter from the dealer recently and as I looked at it I wondered how different is it than ones advertised on 986.com or ebay. What I think I am trying to get at is that whether or not Porsche purchases the Mahle filters and then places them in genuine porsche parts boxes and I end up paying a premium for that little cardboard box. I did visit 986.com and they have the filters for about $8 bucks cheaper than what I paid at the dealer but am I getting the same quality of filter?? Same thing with the air filter...is the air filter that I buy from the dealership simply a Mahle filter in a Porsche box??? I figured that porsche probably isnt in the business of making air filters so they must be supplied by some outside source.

Thanks.

Jeff.
Hi,

I should have been more clear. The answer is YES. The Oil and Air filters sold at the Dealership are merely Mahle Filters in proprietary packaging. It's the same as their own Boxster specific part. Hope this helps... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote