View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_Boxster View Post
Hey Guys,

Would any of you that live in the Dallas area be able to recommend a good place to get a PPI done on an older used P-car?

This happens to be a 944 Turbo that I'd like to add to the garage.

Car is located in Garland area, and the owner has offered to drive it to my choice for place of inspection.

TIA -

I would seriously consider paying the extra few $$ for a compression and leak down test.

Not that hard on the 944's and it can give you some good info on the health of the engine.

If they can take vacuum measurements -- that's also a good thing to know.

Not deal killers -- but I'd want to see how brittle the Crank Position connectors are
as well as get a good look at the small hose on the fuel rail that goes from the either the pressure regulator to rail or the baffle to rail (I can't remember which one).
Heck -- just plan on replacing that anyways.

I'd want to know if the clutch has been done. The old 944's had a rubber puck in the clutch -- if that car has been sitting for awhile -- that can dry rot. Not sure if there
is an easy way to inspect it -- but a new clutch is a lot of shop hours (15?).

They should also inspect the rear CV boots, power steering boots, wheel bearings for play and ball joints.

Motor mounts are also something that will wear out if just sitting.

Good luck with the purchase.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote