View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
jsceash

Garage
Have you checked that the eccentric bolts on the lower control arms, and toe arms are tight. The second is some what harder. There is a steel sleeve that has a tapered inner hole, in the bearing carrier for the control arm and the rear toe arm. They are just pressed and crimped into the aluminum housing. They can be popped out while removing the arm if you use a forked tie rod pry bar.

I had a one of the tapered steel bushing pop out of the rear bearing carrier while replacing the rear toe link. I did not notice that it was gone until I test drove the car. When I'd step on the gas the car wanted to shift, and about the time the rear started to grip in a corner it would twitch. I had to replace the bearing carrier.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote