View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
RedTele58

Hallett Octoberfast Spec Boxsters

I spent this past weekend at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit about 35 miles west of Tulsa for the big fall Spec Boxster racing. What a blast! Hallett is a 1.8 mile track, 10 turns and about 70' of elevation change. 25 cars in the field. There's a wide variety of competition from bigger teams with 6-8 cars to the guy towing his car in his trailer behind his pick-up truck.

Talked w/ several guys that were my DE coaches at several PCA DE events this summer and was able to get some time checking out their cars. I picked up a lot of information and ideas as my Spec car build begins this winter.

The Spec Boxster guys are a good group. Pretty easy to talk with and share ideas. They were mostly from Texas, but had one team from Ft Collins, CO, and several guys from KS and elsewhere.

If you ever get a chance to drive at Hallett, don't miss it. It's a fun, challenging track, and the family that owns the track, their worker bees and volunteers are always great and will do whatever they can to help you.

The PCA Cimarron Region does a terrific job taking care of everyone and coordinating the weekend as well. to them for a great job.

One of my buddies comment that a track full of Boxsters sounded "like a bunch of pissed off sewing machines", but it was pure symphony music to me! :dance:

Rick