View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #19
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Its not like my parents buy me anything except the food in the house I eat. I work almost 40 hours a week for $9 a hour w/benefits and my side job for eBay. I'm lucky enough to know how to manage my money at a young age(18). I think many young people would have more money to live a higher quality life if they realize a couple of things;moving out as soon as you are 18 is one of the worst finicial decisions you can make and they should be riding out their parents until 22 or 23 if possible (you NEVER see the rent money again,instead it could be saved for a down payment on a house). All this technology,iPods and such are waste in my opinoin because they all devalue fast and instead they money should be put into the stock market(I will venture in this area shortly).
I suppose if it works for you. But I'd like to point out a couple of things.

First, your parents really do pay for alot more than just the food you eat - they also pay for where you live (no small expense).

Second, I don't consider "living with the parents" so you can buy a Porsche to be money management - I consider that to be "sponging". Don't get me wrong, you're 18, I don't see anything wrong with living at home at 18 provided that you're still in school or going to college. If you're not in school then you need to get your own place and start paying your own expenses. You've got enough money to buy, maintain, upgrade, and insure a Porche but not move out or help out with rent?

Third, how much money can you possibly be "managing" at $9/hr plus Ebay? But hey, I guess it's easy to "manage money" when you sponge off your parents.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck with your plan.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote