View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #16
aBsOlUt

I've been lucky enough to have one of the first ever build Z4 at the age of 18. Now, being in college the Z4 attracted more than enough attention. I must admit, girls and guys would comment on the car saying how beatiful it looks.

Fast forward 3 years and the Z4 is gone and switched with a slightly used (7000 miles) 2004 triple black 986S. I fell in love with the car at first sight and at first test drive.

I am 21 now, close friends and mostly guys would comment on the car more now than girls. I don't know, the Z4 was more modern, more new - besides a common girl/lady would never notice a 986 from a 987...so I havent received so many comments by girls.

What I am trying to say is that while Porsche cars are more superior to BMW cars, the "bimmer" marketing always wins. I dont know maybe I am completely wrong but these apply to Charlotte, North Carolina where I live currently and with an average age radious of 18-24. Heck, some girl did not even know what a Porsche is!

While its always good to get good comments, I have passed the immature state. I now enjoy my driving and I understand the difference between cars. I do not like to promote them to get a girl. I think of it since I am fortunate enough to have one at this young age, just like you are getting dressed up to go out and you wear your good clothes, I also "wear" my good car.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote