View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #51
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by captzoom View Post
Interested in your top shell for our project vehicle. I understand the need for CF rigidity in some applications, but ours is a bit different so could work with knitted glass fiber and wet layup (if properly spec'd). Do you have any interest in producing and selling us a shell only in polyester or epoxy? Would like to discuss this with you.

The current delay has been available time and also rigidity of the carbon construction. Because of the shape, light weight, thin B pillars, and thin overall construction, we're working on increasing the rigidity so even the carbon version is suitable. I don't expect to be able to produce a top that works out of glass fiber. I think the pricing will be such that the carbon works out OK.

Since I blew up my 3.6L engine, I've invested too much $$ into developing a dry sump oiling system and a high compression 4.0L and 3.8L engines. Which of course had eaten up the hardtop resources. Now that most of those parts have been machined, we can get back onto the roof. Car has been down for over a year for these projects and its about time to go race again...
4.0L Dry Sump Boxster GT race car - HRG #23
2005 Cayenne S - DD

Last edited by Eric523; 10-01-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote