View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Coaster

Garage
Tire Rack recommended installer and road force balanceing

So I needed two rear tires and picked up a set off Tire Rack. One of there recommended installers is a local Ford dealer. The Tire Rack site says they take appointments and do road force balancing (why I picked them). I called yesterday to make an appointment and they don't take appointments. OK I told them my wife would be in tomorrow after lunch and I was getting tires mounted for my Porsche. Adviser said OK, he'd make a note of it. Wife shows up and they know nothing of her or the tires. They search around and find them on the dock and proceed to tell me they don't do Porsche rims, too expensive if they scratch them. Great, could of used that info yesterday when I called. I looked up Tire Racks other installers in the area and found the next closest one with road force balance. They don't do tires for high end cars or exotics. Nice. The Ford dealer was nice enough to call Discount Tire and find out if they would install them (they will) and even took the tires over since they don't fit in the car. Discount doesn't do road force balance but they did install the tires without scratching the rims (according to my wife).

So, now what to do. I regularly travel 80 (or so) on toll roads and think I would like the tires road force balanced. Is it that important? Should I go to someplace that can do it like Moorespeed or the Dealer?
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote