View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Jim Rockford

2nd the Meguiar's PlastX. I picked some up today and applied to my plastic rear window and it did a very nice job at increasing clarity. I then let it loose on my headlights which I already buffed up prior (not that they really needed it, but I'm diligently paying attention to bringing each aspect / material on the 986 back to as close to factory condition as possible)... and I didn't think the product would make any difference on the already clean headlights however I was wrong. There was a marked increase in the brilliance of all the little headlight reflector detail. And at $11 a bottle you can't go wrong. There seems to be a lot of products out there that deal with plastic restoration, and everyone seems to have a preference, and maybe something does work better, but I'm very impressed with the results. The feel when you run your hand across the plastic rear window is very noticeable as well, it's smooth as silk now. The product whitepaper says there's magic microscopic filling agents and blah blah blah, but I'll be damned if I'd disagree with the labcoat that wrote it because it sure feels like something good is going on. Meguiar's has some complimentary product M10 plastic polish that they reco applying after the PlastX. Ordered a bottle from Amazon.ca for $12 or something. Will be arriving shortly, but I'm guessing it's going to be more money well spent.
Jim Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote