View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Ckrikos

Pulled the trigger this week.

There appears to be many of us on this site, maybe we should get a sub-forum. Enjoy your 996, I really liked the 3.4 I had test driven. I visit all of the 996 forums, but only continue to visit this 986 forum. The cars are all very similar and having had a 986 for 12 years I feel like I have a phd on the subject. I love those Carrera classic wheels, wish they sold them with 11" rears.

I just washed her today and added the blue radio surround. I am waiting on a blue painted light dome cover as well. Only other thing I'll be doing to the interior is re-wrapping the steering wheel.

I'm going to be removing all the plastic exterior trim along the front/bottom and windshield cowl/wipers to respray. I recently repainted the calipers and bolts and am enjoying freshening her up. I will also be attempting replacing the radiators and transmission mount. While that's going on I'll probably get the front bumper repainted. My car has 50k miles so has a little wear.

Nice thing about a 29k mile car is that it's pretty new and you shouldn't have to do much? Just keep up with the oil changes and check that filter (make sure to get a magnetic drain plug). Did your ppi indicate any necessary repairs?

Ps waiting on pictures

Last edited by Ckrikos; 09-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote