View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Chris B

Becker CDR220 iPhone 5 adapter & AUX mode instructions

Not sure why I waited this long to make this upgrade. Ordered removal keys from Suncoast Parts and the adapter from Discount Car Stereo. Had to pull a little harder than expected to get the radio out, but once out it was as simple as plugging the adapter in, running/snaking the cord around to the front, and pushing the stereo back in.

The adapter I purchased was on the high side at $80, but provides charging as well and cord quality is superior:

iL-BKR Lightning Adapter for Becker Radios with "AUX" Menu Setting :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces

Link to the keys:

Porsche Radio Removal Tool:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment

The hardest part was trying to find AUX mode, which isn't listed in the Becker manual (for 2001 anyway). So thought I'd repost what I found on Rennlist, posted in June 2012 by "Sentinelist." His post was a huge help:

"For future reference here, you hold down the TP button for 8 seconds until the screen says 'BECKER 1', turn the right dial until 'AUX OFF' appears on the screen, then press either button directly under the display for the arrows to change the setting from 'AUX OFF' to 'AUX ON'. Turn radio off. Turn radio on, AUX is now a source mode."

Hope this helps anyone searching the forum in the future when they're looking to make this upgrade.

18" GT3 Design Wheels
LNE IMS
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote