View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #33
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alishtx View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've got 17" wheels. I've been happy with the Kumho asymmetrics on the rear, but am running Goodrich g-Force comps directionals on the fronts. Those are fairly new (maybe 5,000 miles), and I'm happy with them and wanted to match up the set. However, I don't really like the tread design on the Goodrich asymmetrics. But I swear I read in some official Porsche something about asymmetrics on the rears, which is why I posted. Oh, well, I'll figure it out. But thanks for the input.
BFGs are a great tire and I was logging in to recommend them when I saw you had them on the front. Go with them on the rear, I've been super happy with them. For a summer tire, great rain traction (as much as can be expected in a rear wheel drive sports car) and pretty decent wear. I'm in need of new rears and while I have BFG G-Force sport (the old version of the Comps) I'm going to be getting new comps on the rear and then going with comps on the front when those are worn out. No sense in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Great tire, great price and I'm an hour and a half away from the south bend tire rack location, so great price on installation along with top notch equipment.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote