View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #7
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff740
If it is infact the ignition switch...how difficult is this to replace on my own and what is the approximate cost for a suitable replacement??

Jeff.

Hi,

Not too difficult to replace. You'll be replacing the actual switch, not the Ignition Lock/Tumbler. The switch fits on the back of this. You disconnect the battery, get under the dash, loosen a set screw and the switch pulls away from the ignition lock/tumbler, the you disconnect the electrical connector going into the switch and attach to new switch. Insert it into the ignition lock/tumbler, reconnect the battery and you're done.

Cost varies, but I have a replacement on hand which I got new on eBay for I believe $16.

The Switch is made for Porsche by Meyle Products (an OEM producer for European Automotive Electrical components). The OEM Part # is: 4A0 905 849 B and the cross-referenced part # from Meyle Products is: 100 905 0000. The OEM Part lists for $28.77 and the Meyle Products is a little less. I have the Meyle as a spare and it lists the Porche PN# right on the Pkg. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote