View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #20
amagalla

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I've had several visits to Jake Raby's shop since I got my 02 S. To start with Jake has probably seen/documented every engine failure that has every occurred in these engines. He has real data based on engine dyno runs, real world long distance runs plus hundreds if not thousands of customer feedback miles. Add to that he has done thousands of oil analysis tests and he recommends Joe Gibbs Racing oil. That's good enough for me. No I am not a blind sheep but real world testing vs. internet gibberish I'll take real world testing every time. Yes it's a little bit of a pain to order it over the net vs. going to Wally world or local FLAPS but I want my engine to live. I could give a rats ass that it's not an approved Porsche oil or doesn't have a shiny Mobil sticker on it but I'm looking for consistent protection. Rant over have fun out there.
I agree that the Gibbs DT40 is the BEST oil for these cars. But that wasn't my question. I'm not a Mobile 1 "Kool-aid" drinker (just like I'm sure you're not a "Raby" Kool-aid drinker). I'll use any synth oil that works. My question is; Given the higher levels of P and Zn in this particular oil, and it's general availability and significantly lower cost, is it a workable alternative?

Tony