View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
Pdwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebell914 View Post
Had six 914's back in the 80's and 90's...always loved the mid engine handling. Had a Miata for 10 years - loved how easy it was to work on. Left all that behind when my daughter was born...

Ten years later it was time to get back to my roots...
Ferrari 308/328...they look great, but are terrible to drive...not to mention crazy unreliable!!
MR2 - 1992-94...hard to find and ones that are out there are stupidly modded by little boys
MR2 Spyder...would be great for my daughter one day ...interior too "cheap" feeling/looking and "blah" body
M Roadster...I never could get past the "nosey" looks
M3 E46....I think someone else said it here - too douchey, plus I really wanted a middie
S2000...technically, this is a mid engine car since the engine is behind the front wheels, but I just don't like how v-tec engines perform...NO LOW END TORQUE!!!!! Plus, the interior is terrible!!!!
Lotus Evora...I really wanted to like this one, but was just not impressed with the driving...kinda like driving a Camry, wait...
Lotus Elise...this was actually my first choice, but these things are soooo small and it would not make a good car to go on a date (interior too uncomfortable and sucky A/C) It did drive awfully nice!!
another 914 ... these things are going for more than 986's!!!...and I wanted A/C and power steering!!!
996... I just did not like the drive as much as the Boxster!!
987S...I drove so many of these and they drove really well, but I did not like the interior. Plus, I have to admit, I was a little afraid of the IMS

I started looking exclusively at 986's. The S was plenty of power and low end torque and I really like the interior. It is kind of a modern-day 914...especially the 2000 model - no cup holders, plastic window, no glove box. I realize most will say these are drawbacks, but I get in this thing to drive. I would never want to be distracted by a drink and the glove box is just a place to store crap (and worry about it getting broken into when the top was down). Mine has heated seats and the M490 with DSP...just the right amount of modern and a fabulous drive!!! I really do think it is the perfect car!!!
My 01S was broken into last week at my house in my carport. I Had a gun locked in the little console but had left the car unlocked. I thought I had rather them get what scarce items are inside rather than have them cut the top open to get inside. I should have left the windows down and locked so the alarm would have gone off..lesson learned. The pin broke on the console cover and let them get the gun $300 value...really could not tell any other damage...I can epoxy the pin back...it was in the drivers seat.

I had three cars burgled that night, my E36 which suffered more damage than anything else. The glove box was jimmed violently to get inside and tore the dash up and ruined the glove box..one Sig gone $600.

Police catch the guy one street over recover my stuff....including my wallet that was locked in the Honda CRV. I went down to the PD and they gave me my wallet but the $400 in cash will probably never be returned to me.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote