View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #13
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rockford View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself. Glad to now be amongst the Porsche owners.

Cut my teeth as an RX-7 enthusiast... a car which I still have a massive deal of respect for. But always wanted and knew I would move over to Porsche ownership.

Was looking for a 993 but prices have spiraled upward to the point where it's more reasonable to look at a 981 with low miles on it. So that was shelved. 986 seems like a great starting point. Extremely accessible pricepoint, and often underappreciated mid engine performance.

Managed to find a low mileage 2000 with 55,000 kms (I'm Canadian) / 35,000 miles example. Silver with Metropol blue interior and top. Going to keep mods to a minimum. Do the initial maintenance one would do after buying a used Porsche, probably a "chan-can" exhaust, and scrap that inexcusable steering wheel that came in these non-S cars of the period. Drive for a few years then start looking for a white 987.

Here's a photo when I just got it home. Have since polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and waxed with s few coats of P21S. Conditioned the leather, and all the rubber trim bits. Looking new-car'ish now, and have been enjoying the addictive drive that this car provides for a few months now.

Looking forward to some forum discussions.

What a beauty! Welcome!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote