View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 AM   #16
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippojam1
...to mnboxster, who thinks that i don't deserve adequate planning ahead or having the right part ordered because it's such a small issue, that's absurd. i'm not asking for extraordinary treatment. i'm asking for the bare minimum....just a call telling me i need to wait longer. i shouldn't be wasting three days not working having friends go out of their way to drive me around because we expect it to be ready any minute now. we're all busy people...if we had to lose three days because of logistical errors like this with every little errand we need to run, because we don't deserve the service people's attention, then we can't run our lives very well, and we certainly can't avoid being frustrated on a daily basis... but we're paying A LOT for porsches and porsche service...why should we be getting pushed around?
Hi,

Please don't put words in my mouth. At no time did I say you didn't deserve proper treatment - you do. Nor did I fail to acknowledge the Service Failure which occured - it did. I merely think you overreacted to the situation both at the Dealership and in this thread, and I think you still are. I'm sorry you don't think I'm as empathetic to your situation as you would like. One person berated me for belittling you, but I think you've done that all by yourself.

We manage our own frustrations and our own stresses in Life. We decide how much we are going to let an unexpected result frustrate us. Not every incident in life equates to the importance of Nuclear Launch Codes, and I suspect a couple problems with the local Dealer don't even make the Top Ten! Let it go!

You previously failed to note that you missed 3 days work, this does place greater consequential damage on the incident, but in my eyes at least, still fails the stink test you're trying to promote here. One could ask why after the 1st incident with this Dealer you weren't proactive enough to call ahead and confirm your reservation? I always do, and I rarely have the type of problem which you express here, Cause & Effect?

As pointed out, it doesn't matter what you paid for the Car or the Service, if a promise was made, it should have been followed through. But failing to take into account and accept Human Error isn't going to do your Blood Pressure any good. People make mistakes. That's not the same thing as "Pushing you around". I suspect you have made mistakes on the job as well (I know that I have) which may have inconvenienced others, does that make you a Moron and an Idiot too?

As you pointed out, the Service Manager did try to make ammends saying " next time I come in I should ask for him and he'll give me "some sort of discount or something". But, you seem unwilling to let it go by calling everyone involved Morons and Idiots even rejecting out-of-hand their attempts to rectify the situation stating "I personally don't believe it. Sounds wishy washy". You have to give them the opportunity to improve if you expect them to do so, they can't run back the clock, they can only make it better next time. ..

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 03-28-2006 at 03:42 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote