View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
Uncle Bob

I think I understand what you are getting at, Jim. In my opinion? It comes down to the "which hill do I want to die on". I save my real solid unmoving complaints for big issues, lumbar support may not have fit that. What happens next place? You gonna end up in Santa Barbara getting service?

I'm really in a pickle in WA......the next dealership is in Bellvue, about 80 miles one way! I pick my hills carefully and ask how important it really is. Over the years, the dealership has been very gracious. They assisted in having VW buy back a brand new Touareg with over 42 separate warranty items in <30k miles.....don't think I didn't have to get firm on more than one occasion. When the service dept (who mostly only do what the manufacturer tells/allows them to do) wasn't giving me satisfaction, I went around to the sales manager and told him how disappointed I was in my purchase. At one time the conversation went like this:
Sales: "Well, Bob, perhaps you just need to get angry. Sometimes that's what's needed to get their attention."
"Well, I don't think you want me getting angry."
"Well, it might be worth it"
"OK, not that I haven't given it some thought. I had an idea....I'll go to Yeager's (sporting goods store) and buy a case of Sterno. I'll fill the back of the Touareg with it, light it on fire, put a brick on the accelerator and point it at that Turbo Carrera (appx $100K) in the front showroom window. I figure I can report it (the Touareg) stolen and come out pretty good. What do you think?"
"Bob, why don't you just remain calm and let me get angry for you."
"I was thinking the same thing myself!"

It got resolved the next day!

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote