View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #56
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by berj
I will say that trying to start a gun-fight while you're sitting in your car surrounded by thugs seems like a pretty good way to commit suicide. Get the f*** outta there would probably be the best course of action. You've got ~240hp and -200ft/lbs of torque and tires like glue.. use 'em
Just to keep things on track - the scenario being discusse here is one of last resort. I think everyone agrees that trying to escape is the best option, but if that is not possible, and your life (or the life of a family member) is threatened, well that is what we are talking about.

Also, saying that this is "obviously an American problem" is not true. I am not vouching for the statistics posted, but I can imagine that this same scenario could play out easily on Jane & Finch in your city too. I lived in Toronto for a few years, and while I agree that it is safer than parts of New York and New Jersey where I mostly stay now, it is certainly not crime free. Also, my job takes me around the world, and believe me, there are few things more tense than coming to a stop light in Sao Paulo or God forbid Columbia. It is not an American problem.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote