View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
crod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
I'm looking at a very clean 2005 Cayenne S with 159000 km (about 100k miles), private sale. I like the vehicle, but I don't know much about them. Anyone have some experience? Good points, bad points, weak points, operating costs, must-have options - any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I will get a PPI from Porsche Winnipeg if I get serious about it, but want to educate myself a bit more first.

I wasn't really in the market for a new vehicle, but my truck got pinched right out of my driveway sometime last night. It's an inconvenience for sure, but it was a 10 year old truck and easily replaced so I'm not losing any sleep over it. Stuff happens. Actually it was coming up for new tires and a bunch of repairs, so at least the timing wasn't all bad.
I owned one for four years. In Canada as well. It was the first manual Cayenne Porsche sold in Canada after I ordered it at the dealer and of course no one had one in stock. LOL

Overall the car is great and with proper winter tires that thing is unstoppable. Seriously.

Couple things to keep in mind. On the 2003-2007 models there is a known issue with water getting into the coils so you may have to replace them every once in a while. The shaft is another place for issues and the coolant pipes on the V8s break on ALL Cayennes ever made. Easy and one time fix with metal pipes.

Overall it is a great car and I had no regrets getting the V6 with a manual vs the V8 with tiptronic.

I am actually buying another one at the end of the year as my daughter starts driving in March and guess what car she asked for...

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote