View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
Westwood

I just picked up a 2002 Boxster that needed repair where someone backed into the license plate and put two holes in the bumper. I went to a local body shop and he said it would take hours to repair this one, and suggested I look at options for a new one. I ended up buying the Precision Porsche Urethane Turbo Style bumper. The body shop said they had problems with a lot of the release agent from the mold causing fisheyes, but they worked through it. It fit quite well for an aftermarket bumper, and was very heavy and thick compared to the original. I fit it myself and it only took a couple hours to get it secured properly. I did have a problem with the Rennline license plate holder which fits the tow hook hole. It was a little bit off, but I made it work without compromising the look. Maybe the turbo bumper sits just a little bid different than a Boxster. it was close though.

This is also a great time to clean out your radiator ducts. Mine had lots of leaves, butts, and miscellaneous road accumulation in them. Clean now

If I did it again I am not sure if I might go fiberglass. It will be cheaper and easy to repair if something did happen, but then I hardly drive mine so that is a minimal risk! The guys at Precision Porsche were great to deal with. I bought it on eBay They were good about returning calls to discuss whether to remove the original air ducts too.
Westwood is offline   Reply With Quote