View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 03:37 PM   #10
Zerostatic

I'm in the market for a Boxster right now, and my perception is that the Boxsters don't really hold their value all that well in the first couple of years. I mean I've seen 2003 Boxsters S's in the high 20's/low 30's in good condition. So they depreciated 20 thousand dollars in 3 years. Though that may not be horrible and percentage-wise that seems about normal when compared to other cars but this is a Porsche sports car! I don't know if I'm missing something, but I would've thought they hold their value more so, but I guess some of it has to do with my false premonitions about how exclusive and rare they are. Living in the Northeast I hardly see Boxsters, but I'm sure out in the warm climate states they are much more common. These large numbers sold I guess have put the Boxster on a similar depreciation track as cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.

BTW, this is fine by me, buying a relatively new premium convertible sports car with the porche badge on it for the same price as a loaded Mazda6, Accord, Maxima, or Camry is fine by me!
Zerostatic is offline   Reply With Quote