View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Zerostatic

Possibly purchasing a tiptronic Boxster (Questions)?

Guys, I am considering purchasing a tiptronic boxster. I have already taken out the pre-2000 boxsters out of consideration mainly because since I am getting tiptronic any extra power I can get is going to be important and I don't think I'd be quite as happy with the 2.5 lier.

I have the following questions:

1) How big would you say is the difference in horsepower/torque between the 2.7 engine and the 3.2 with the tiptronic tranny? I know that since a manual tranny is more interactive it'll be instantly noticeable with a manual tranny but is it still as a dramatic a difference with the tip.

2) Are the improvements of the 2003+ boxsters dramatic enough that I should just focus on those years instead and overlook the 2000-2002 model year?

3) How good would you say is the automatic top in the boxsters compared to other convertibles, as far as speed, reliability, weather-resistance?

4) Will a good set of snow-tires allow me to drive the Boxster year-round (I live in the northeast)?

5) How would you say the Boxster looks with the hardtop on? I've seen some pics and I like it but I would like some owners opinions?

6) For you tiptronic owners, how much control does the transmission give you? For example if the car is in manual mode and keep the car in gear will the car let me bounce off the rev-limiter or will it shift for me?

7) I heard that there was a year where Porsche switched the tiptronic tranny to the more advanced version sold in some of other porsche's vehicles, is that true? If so what year?
Zerostatic is offline   Reply With Quote